Recipe by Seasoned Cook
CHEESY, CREAMY and GOOD!! A hearty soup for a good comfort food meal! Great with cornbread or a salad.
Top Review by LibbyF89
Great recipe! I didn't have sausage so I used pork chops and bacon instead, seasoned with sage, and it was great and tasted just like sausage. I agree it could be a bit thicker, so I just used some cornstarch. Thanks for sharing!
- 1 lb sausage
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped small
- 2 zucchini, chopped small
- 2 potatoes, small cubes
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 (12 ounce) cans evaporated milk
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan brown sausage and onion. Crumble sausage. Drain and place sausage and onion into a large dutch oven.
- Add chicken broth and zucchini, carrots, potatoes. Add salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and then turn heat to simmer. Simmer slowly for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Add evaporated milk and cheese. Slowly stir until cheese is melted.
- Serve and enjoy!