Recipe by Jenn
This is one of the only ways my family will eat zucchini and now it is a family favorite. It is easy to make and is very tasty.
Top Review by Aunt Cookie
This was pretty good, and I would make it again with some adjustments. Because of a previous reviewer's comments, I used a lot of zucchini -- about 3 cups cubed (which was about the same as the amount of bread cubes). Also, I used a sweet onion, to prevent the onion flavor from overpowering the dish. I cooked this for 45 minutes, but it was pretty dried out when it came out of the oven. I think part of the problem was that there wasn't enough egg. I would probably add another egg and mix it with a small amount of milk next time. Also, I would saute the onions a bit before adding them. I would probably add some spices to the onions while they were sauteing, too. By the way, this filled a 10-inch pie plate, and it served 4.
- 4 slices bread, cubed
- 1 large zucchini, cubed
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together cubed bread, cubed zucchini and onion.
- Add cheddar.
- In a separate bowl, combine egg, garlic pwdr and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add to zucchini mixture and toss until coated.
- Bake covered in a greased casserole at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes until zucchini is fork tender.