Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 hrs
Great slow cooker side dish. Can add more ground red pepper if you want it spicier.
Make and share this Cheesy Winter Vegetables Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 6 large potatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 (16 ounce) bagfresh baby carrots
- 1 medium celery rib, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper, if desired (cayenne)
- 1 cup frozen sweet peas, thawed
- 1 cup cheddar and american blend cheese (4 oz.)
- In 3-1/2 to 4-quart slow cooker, combine potatoes, carrots and celery.
- In small bowl, combine soup, Worcestershire sauce and ground red pepper; mix well. Pour soup mixture over vegetables, stir gently to coat.
- Cover; cook on Low setting 6 to 7 hours.
- About 10 minutes before serving, gently stir thawed peas and cheese into vegetable mixture. Cover; cook 10 minutes longer or until carrots are tender.
I originally was making this as a side dish, but then decided to add leftover cubed ham at the end of cooking time to make a one-dish meal! It worked out great. I wasn't sure if it would be moist enough, but it didn't dry out at all. I threw in about half a bag of frozen pearl onions that I wanted to use up; those went very well with everything else. I will make this easy dish again, but next time I would add some extra spices and/or herbs (we thought it could have been a bit more tasty). Thanx for posting this!