I cut this out of our local paper and plan on making it real soon as it's getting so cold outside!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 cups carrots, chopped
- 1 cup fresh green beans, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 lb processed cheese, cubed (Velveeta)
- 3 potatoes, cubed
- 1/2 bunch celery, chopped
- 15 ounces peas, canned
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1In a large stock pot,over medium heat,combine broth,potatoes and garlic.
- 2Bring to a boil and then add onion,celery and carrots.
- 3Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 4Stir in corn,peas and green beans and continue to cook on low heat.
- 5Meanwhile,in a medium saucepan over medium heat,melt butter.
- 6Whisk in flour all at once to form a roux and let cook 10 seconds.
- 7Whisk in milk,a little at a time and cook,stirring until mixture is thick and bubbly.
- 8Stir in cheese until melted.
- 9Pour this mixture into the stock pot and stir well until until heated through.
- 10** Note-I will probably cook my fresh veggies a bit longer as I don't like them very crisp.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Vegetable Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (377 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 303.4
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 31.8 mg
- Sodium 898.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 13.3 g