Recipe by mydesigirl
I cut this out of our local paper and plan on making it real soon as it's getting so cold outside!
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups carrots, chopped
- 1 cup fresh green beans, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 large onion, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 lb processed cheese, cubed (Velveeta)
- 3 potatoes, cubed
- 1⁄2 bunch celery, chopped
- 15 ounces peas, canned
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large stock pot,over medium heat,combine broth,potatoes and garlic.
- Bring to a boil and then add onion,celery and carrots.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in corn,peas and green beans and continue to cook on low heat.
- Meanwhile,in a medium saucepan over medium heat,melt butter.
- Whisk in flour all at once to form a roux and let cook 10 seconds.
- Whisk in milk,a little at a time and cook,stirring until mixture is thick and bubbly.
- Stir in cheese until melted.
- Pour this mixture into the stock pot and stir well until until heated through.
- ** Note-I will probably cook my fresh veggies a bit longer as I don't like them very crisp.