Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Simple and delicious
- 1 package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1 package frozen cauliflower, thawed and drained
- 1 package frozen mixed vegetables, thawed and drained
- 1 can cheddar cheese soup
- 4 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 5 ounces milk
- salt & pepper
- breadcrumbs or bread, cubes to cover top
- butter or margarine
- Preheat oven to 350; grease a 2qt casserole with butter.
- Put in one of the vegetables; mix canned soup with milk and heat slightly to blend.
- Spread 1/3 soup mixture over vegetable and sprinkle with 1/3 of shredded cheese.
- Continue same procedure with remaining vegetables.
- Top with crumbs or cubes and dot with butter.
- Bake about 30 minutes.
While attending a BIG pot-luck dinner, I decided to throw this dish into the menu at the last minute. It is so quick and easy to make, I just couldn't pass it up. (Most of the time, veggie dishes just don't show up on the buffet table, so this was greatly appreciated by everyone). Cheesy vegetables are hard to beat. Thanks, AGAIN, Boca Pat for sharing a simple, yet delicious dish.