Inexpensive recipe from Carnation Evaporated Milk.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 6 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup instant rice
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can whole tomatoes, cut in half, drained
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna in water, drained
- 1PREHEAT oven to 375°F.
- 2MELT butter in medium saucepan. Add onion; cook for 5 minutes. Blend in flour, salt and ground black pepper. Stir in evaporated milk. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes just to a boil. Stir in cheddar cheese and Parmesan cheese until melted.
- 3COMBINE rice, parsley, paprika, oregano, cayenne pepper, and tomatoes in 11 x 7-inch baking dish. Top with tuna. Spread cheese sauce over tuna.
- 4BAKE for 20 to 25 minutes or until edges are bubbly.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Tuna and Rice Dish
Serving Size: 1 (265 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 457.2
- Calories from Fat 238
- Total Fat 26.5 g
- Saturated Fat 15.8 g
- Cholesterol 99.7 mg
- Sodium 661.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 28.1 g