1/1 Photo of Cheesy Stuffed Pepper Rings
40 hrs 10 mins
These are quick and easy and make a really "UNIQUE"side dish. Spicy hash browns and cheese stuffed in small pepper rings baked until gooey and lightly brown make this a nice dish to serve along side, chicken, fish steak, or just about anything. These are also a great side for a BBQ as they they can be made ahead and just heated up.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups frozen hash browns (OreIda works great for this)
- 3 red peppers (cut into 1-inch rings, seeds and ribs removed)
- 3 scallions, diced fine (white and green parts)
- 1 small onion, diced fine
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne (more or less to taste)
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1Potato Filling -- In a large saute pan, add the oil and butter and bring to medium heat. Add in the garlic, onion and cook for 2 minutes. Then add the potatoes, salt, pepper, parsley, and cayenne and cook until slightly brown on medium high heat but not over done. You still want them undercooked a bit, but soft and tender Approximately 7-10 minutes. When done, remove from the heat into a large bowl, let cool slightly and add the egg, cheese and scallions and mix well.
- 2Peppers -- As the potatoes are cooking prepare the peppers. Cut the very top and bottom off of the pepper and then cut in 3 - 1" (approximate size) rings. Remove the ribs and seeds. This should make 3-4 - 1" rings per pepper.
- 3Bake -- On a cookie sheet lined with foil or parchment paper sprayed with non-stick spray or Pam, set the rings down and then fill with the potato mixture and be sure to press down and fill completely. Cook 30 minutes in a 350 degree oven until golden brown and the peppers are soft and tender.
- 4Serve -- Pretty and easy. ENJOY!
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Stuffed Pepper Rings
Serving Size: 1 (124 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 218.1
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 37.0 mg
- Sodium 402.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 6.7 g