Tangy Banana Pepper Rings
Similar to pepper rings purchased at the store, except we use whatever kind of pepper we have in the garden.
- Ready In:
- 20 -30 banana peppers, how many depends on size
- 1 quart vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons canning salt
- 1 pinch alum
- 1 pinch turmeric (optional)
- Wash and slice peppers-you may seed them if you want to.
- Pack in jars.
- Boil vinegar, sugar, salt, alum, and turmeric.
- Should be enough liquid for 2 pints.
- Pour vinegar mixture over peppers in jars.
- Seal with lids and screw rings.
- *myfirst ones were mushy, second batch was ok**i used green chiles and jalapenos*.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 2 more