Recipe by Marie
A delicious casserole of scalloped potatoes made with Velveeta cheese.
Top Review by Sophia's Lace
This is the way that I've always made what my mom called scalloped potatoes. I also believe that these are the best. I have a suggestion for those that might be in a hurry for these to get done quicker. You can par-boil your potatoes for approx. 5 minutes and drain before placing them in your baking dish and also add cubes of your Velveeta cheese into your white sauce after the white sauce has been prepared and simmer slowly while stirring often until your cheese has melted. <br/>Another suggestion: Substitute the potatoes with macaroni shells that have been cooked until "al dente" and drained and bake until hot and bubbly.
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded Velveeta cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish and layer the potatoes and Velveeta cheese.
- Make sauce by melting butter, whisk in flour, then gradually add milk, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and pour over potato cheese casserole.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until potatoes are tender.