From Rachael Ray -- this is awesome. So easy and sooooo creamy! I don't use the wine or the peas, but I have used julienned carrots with great results. You do need to use short grain rice to get the creamy texture.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat a medium skillet over medium high heat.
- 2Add extra virgin olive oil, garlic and onion. Saute, stirring constantly for 2-3 minutes.
- 3Add rice and season with salt and pepper.
- 4Cook another minute or so then add wine and let it completely absorb (about 30 seconds).
- 5Add about 1 cup chicken stock and stir.
- 6Reduce heat a bit to medium.
- 7Stir often and continue adding a half cup of liquid each time liquid becomes completely absorbed.
- 8Cook 20-25 minutes, using as much stock as necessary to result in a creamy-consistency rice with a bite to it.
- 9When rice is cooked to desired consistency, remove from heat and stir in cheese, parsley and peas. Stir to combine and heat peas through.
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Risi E Bisi
Serving Size: 1 (330 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 367.2
- Calories from Fat 100
- Total Fat 11.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 10.9 mg
- Sodium 395.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 12.3 g