Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Rachael Ray -- this is awesome. So easy and sooooo creamy! I don't use the wine or the peas, but I have used julienned carrots with great results. You do need to use short grain rice to get the creamy texture.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium high heat.
- Add extra virgin olive oil, garlic and onion. Saute, stirring constantly for 2-3 minutes.
- Add rice and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook another minute or so then add wine and let it completely absorb (about 30 seconds).
- Add about 1 cup chicken stock and stir.
- Reduce heat a bit to medium.
- Stir often and continue adding a half cup of liquid each time liquid becomes completely absorbed.
- Cook 20-25 minutes, using as much stock as necessary to result in a creamy-consistency rice with a bite to it.
- When rice is cooked to desired consistency, remove from heat and stir in cheese, parsley and peas. Stir to combine and heat peas through.
This was great. I made this for my boss for their supper last night and they really enjoyed it. (I also tasted it and it was lovely) I followed the recipe exactly as written and served it with crusty French Rolls for a delicious supper! Thanks!