Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Easy vegetarian dish that can be altered to fit any taste.
- 1419.54 ml cooked white rice
- 793.78 g cancrushed tomatoes with basil
- 425.24 g can red kidney beans (save liquid)
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 14.79 ml chili powder
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- 0.59 ml salt
- 0.59 ml pepper
- 226.79 g package mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- Prepare rice according to package directions.
- Combine vegetable oil, bell pepper, onion, garlic, salt, pepper, and chili powder in large frying pan and sauté until pepper and onion are almost done.
- Add kidney beans and liquid to pepper and onion mixture.
- Continue to cook until pepper and onion are done.
- Add crushed tomatoes and pepper and onion mixture to pot with rice.
- Simmer until heated through and most of liquid has been absorbed by rice.
- Serve topped with shredded cheddar cheese.
Good for a cold night, comfort food, easy to prepare!
My only addition was cumin. This was great, thanks! :->
This is a WONDERFUL dish! Easy and inexpensive to make yet hearty, filling, and delicious to eat! Husband and kid approved!