Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I found this on a card at the grocery store and wanted to post for safekeeping. It sounds a lot like Cracker Barrel hash brown casserole with a bit of meat to make it a meal! Decadent and yummy!! I am making a few adjustments based on our preferences, but will put the original recipe in parentheses.
- 453.59 g package smoked turkey sausage (original called for pork)
- 566.99 g bag shredded hash brown potatoes (refrigerated)
- 354.88 ml reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 236.59 ml reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 onion, diced
- 28.39 ml Smart Balance butter spread, melted
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Lightly spray a 13 x 9 inch pan with cooking spray.
- Cut sausage into 1/2" cubes.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Spread evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake 40-45 minutes, or until lightly browned. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
This was an easy meal and turned out great! The flavors blended well. I will definitely make again. Thanks for posting!
After seeing all the photos of this recipe I had to make and review it for Family Picks during ZWT8. This is great comfort food and we will make it again! DH couldnt find turkey smoked sausage so he bought regular and I used unsalted butter instead of the Smart Balance spread. Thank you for sharing this recipe with us smellyvegetarian!
This is like dream come true comfort food !! I diced up my own potatoes into tiny pieces as we cannot get frozen hash browns here and my sausages were gluten free. Too yummy for words !! Made for ZWT8.