Recipe by smellyvegetarian
I found this on a card at the grocery store and wanted to post for safekeeping. It sounds a lot like Cracker Barrel hash brown casserole with a bit of meat to make it a meal! Decadent and yummy!! I am making a few adjustments based on our preferences, but will put the original recipe in parentheses.
- 1 (16 ounce) package smoked turkey sausage (original called for pork)
- 1 (20 ounce) bag shredded hash brown potatoes (refrigerated)
- 1 1⁄2 cups reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 onion, diced
- 1⁄8 cup Smart Balance butter spread, melted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Lightly spray a 13 x 9 inch pan with cooking spray.
- Cut sausage into 1/2" cubes.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Spread evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake 40-45 minutes, or until lightly browned. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.