Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A very easy side dish that tastes awesome!Great with a ham dinner. You won't miss the sour cream or canned soup from the other hash brown casserole recipes
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place frozen hash browns in a buttered 9x13-inch pan.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine half and half, butter and cheese cubes, stirring until cheese has melted and sauce is smooth.
- Pour over the frozen hash browns, making sure all the sauce is incorporated into the potatoes.
- Let stand at room temperature for one hour.
- Bake, uncovered for one hour until potatoes are lightly browned and bubbly.
Such an easy and tasty dish to prepare. (I had an onion I needed to use up, so I chopped it up and added it to the dish, but it is not necessary). You are so right, I did not miss the sour cream or canned soup. Thank you. :-)
I took this to a potluck at work and everybody loved it. I followed the directions, but there were little pools of butter all over the top when I took it out of the oven. I spooned them off and mixed up the casserole a bit, but it was still a little greasy for my taste. Good flavor, though.
This was good. Next time I would add more cheese.