Recipe by yooper
A very easy side dish that tastes awesome!Great with a ham dinner. You won't miss the sour cream or canned soup from the other hash brown casserole recipes
Top Review by Merlot
Such an easy and tasty dish to prepare. (I had an onion I needed to use up, so I chopped it up and added it to the dish, but it is not necessary). You are so right, I did not miss the sour cream or canned soup. Thank you. :-)
- 1.5 (24 ounce) packagesshredded hash browns
- 1⁄2 lb butter or 1⁄2 lb margarine
- 1 pint half-and-half
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese, cubed
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place frozen hash browns in a buttered 9x13-inch pan.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine half and half, butter and cheese cubes, stirring until cheese has melted and sauce is smooth.
- Pour over the frozen hash browns, making sure all the sauce is incorporated into the potatoes.
- Let stand at room temperature for one hour.
- Bake, uncovered for one hour until potatoes are lightly browned and bubbly.