Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A fantastic recipe I came up with after adding a little of this and a little of that. Its thick and creamy with the perfect blend of cheese and flavor not to mention its really quick to make. YUM!!
- 4 cups potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 3 tablespoons minced onions
- 3 tablespoons minced carrots
- 1⁄2 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar or 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated cheddar cheese (or more if you love cheese)
- In larger pan over medium-high heat add potatoes, can of soup, two cans of water (from soup can), onion, carrot, corn, Old Bay, Salt, Vinegar, Pepper.
- Stir until smooth, while bringing to a boil.
- Once boils, reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 20 minutes (or until potatoes are tender) stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl, whisk flour and milk together until smooth.
- Stir into soup and allow to simmer for 5-8 minutes.
- Stir in grated cheese until it has melted.
- Serve with salad and/or hearty bread.
Used this recipe as a base, but modified it:
1.) Doubled Recipe
2.) Made in Crockpot
3.) Omitted Flour
4.) Used 1 can Cream of Celery and 1 can Cream of Chicken
5.) Used Red Pepper Flakes in place of Old Bay Seasoning
6.) Instead of frozen corn - used 2 cans of creamed corn
Rest of recipe as written.
My wife and I loved this soup. It also was my first attempt at making homemade soup! I added more corn, carrots, and a bit more onion. I didn't have shredded cheddar so I used mozzarella and it still tasted great!
My wife wants this added to our soup recipe collection.
i changed a few things; put a whole can of corn instead of frozen, a bit more of the carrots and onions, instead of the old bay seasoning i used a mix of salt, pepper, beau monde and ...Tony Chachere's Creole seasoning and used co-jack cheese instead of cheddar. awesome!