Recipe by Mrs. Flick
Found this one on Allrecipes.com I am looking forward to trying it-sounds yummy! Could add some chicken to add to the recipe.
Top Review by Laura Zimmerman
So yummy!! I changed a couple minor things but mostly followed the recipe and it was fabulous! I used vegetable broth because we are vegetarians and I didn't have celery so I used a little celery salt but other than that I stuck to the recipe. Hubby really loved this, I'll definitely be making it again soon.
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 3 cups peeled and cubed potatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 (2 1/2 ounce) package country gravy mix
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup shredded Velveeta Mexican cheese (processed cheese food)
Directions See How It's Made
- In large saucepan, melt margarine over medium high heat. Add celery and onion; cook and stir until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth; bring to a boil. Add potatoes; cook over low heat for 20 to 25 minutes or until potatoes are soft, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in corn and chiles; return to boiling. Dissolve gravy mix in milk; stir into boiling mixture. Add cheese; cook and stir over low heat until cheese is melted.