Since I make this without really measuring, the amounts listed are only estimated but close to what I use when I make this bread, you can adjust the amounts slightly to suit taste, the amounts listed are for two long baguettes but you can reduce the amounts for just one baguette, I serve these at my get togethers so I always make two loaves. You will love this bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 French baguettes (purchase the long thin crusty bread)
- 2 large yellow onions, very finely chopped (or minced)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic (or to taste)
- salt and black pepper
- 1/4 cup butter, softened (can use more)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise (do not use salad dressing it's too sweet!)
- 1Set oven to broiler heat.
- 2Slice both baguettes diagonally into about 3/4-inch slices.
- 3In a medium skillet over medium heat melt butter.
- 4Add in the onions and garlic and saute for about 5-6 minutes or until tender, then season lightly with black pepper and a small amount of salt; set aside to cool.
- 5In a mixing bowl combine the mozza cheese with Parmesan and mayonnaise.
- 6Arrange the bread slices on a large baking or cookie sheet.
- 7Spread the onion/garlic mixture over the slices, then spread the cheese/mayo mixture over the onion/garlic mixture.
- 8Broil about 5 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and slightly browned.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Onion Garlic Bread
Serving Size: 1 (102 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 606.1
- Calories from Fat 243
- Total Fat 27.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 50.5 mg
- Sodium 1212.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 19.4 g