Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
I made this just recently, it is fabulous... and yes, 5 teaspoons baking powder! If you do have any leftovers, this freezes well. This can also be baked successfully in muffin tins, you will get about 27-28 muffins, be sure to adjust baking time. If you want to boost up the heat, add in some cayenne pepper.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 (15 ounce) can canned corn niblets, drained
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can green chilies, diced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 2 cups milk or 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 1⁄4 cups grated cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 400 degrees.
- Butter a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- In a bowl combine first 7 ingredients; mix well.
- Add in drained corn and green chilies; mix to combine.
- In a small bowl, mix/whisk together milk, melted butter; add to the corn mixture along with the cheddar cheese; mix well to combine.
- Pour into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown.