Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Guy food, tossed together one Saturday night in a large cast iron skillet. Exactly my kind of comfort food. Ingredient amounts are approximate, as they usually are when a guy cooks (this guy, anyway), so don't fret over amounts and feel free to taste and add whatever.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes (heat level of your choice)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans (or chili, Texas, ranch beans)
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 5 ounces elbow macaroni (uncooked, about a cup)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheese, shredded (cheddar, Mexican or similar)
- water, as needed for consistency
- salt and pepper
- Cook the elbow macaroni according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the ground beef and onions.
- Drain the meat mixture.
- Add tomato products and beans, undrained.
- Add water if needed and chili powder and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the cooked macaroni and reheat to a simmer.
- Taste and adjust salt and pepper.
- Stir in 1 cup of cheese and melt.
- Add remainder of cheese to top and remove from heat.
We enjoyed this meal, it's right up our alley. It is very forgiving when substituting ingredients. Thank you!
Very good and very easy to prepare. I used kidney beans instead of pinto beans. Will make this again for sure.
This tastes great and easy to prepare!