1/1 Photo of Cheesy Hamburger Skillet (Or Helper, Goulash, Cowboy Stuff)
Red Apple Guy's Note:
Guy food, tossed together one Saturday night in a large cast iron skillet. Exactly my kind of comfort food. Ingredient amounts are approximate, as they usually are when a guy cooks (this guy, anyway), so don't fret over amounts and feel free to taste and add whatever.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes (heat level of your choice)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans (or chili, Texas, ranch beans)
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 5 ounces elbow macaroni (uncooked, about a cup)
- 1 1/2 cups cheese, shredded (cheddar, Mexican or similar)
- water, as needed for consistency
- salt and pepper
- 1Cook the elbow macaroni according to package directions.
- 2Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the ground beef and onions.
- 3Drain the meat mixture.
- 4Add tomato products and beans, undrained.
- 5Add water if needed and chili powder and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 6Add the cooked macaroni and reheat to a simmer.
- 7Taste and adjust salt and pepper.
- 8Stir in 1 cup of cheese and melt.
- 9Add remainder of cheese to top and remove from heat.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Hamburger Skillet (Or Helper, Goulash, Cowboy Stuff)
Serving Size: 1 (206 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 339.5
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 57.1 mg
- Sodium 458.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 22.5 g