Recipe by Red Apple Guy
Guy food, tossed together one Saturday night in a large cast iron skillet. Exactly my kind of comfort food. Ingredient amounts are approximate, as they usually are when a guy cooks (this guy, anyway), so don't fret over amounts and feel free to taste and add whatever.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes (heat level of your choice)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans (or chili, Texas, ranch beans)
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 5 ounces elbow macaroni (uncooked, about a cup)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheese, shredded (cheddar, Mexican or similar)
- water, as needed for consistency
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the elbow macaroni according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the ground beef and onions.
- Drain the meat mixture.
- Add tomato products and beans, undrained.
- Add water if needed and chili powder and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the cooked macaroni and reheat to a simmer.
- Taste and adjust salt and pepper.
- Stir in 1 cup of cheese and melt.
- Add remainder of cheese to top and remove from heat.