Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Our local pizza shop recently closed but they made the best cheesy garlic bread so I have tried to duplicate here, as a matter fact I have only finished making for our dinner tonight. I used Garlic Butter for the garlic butter. You could sub mozzarella cheese for the stringy cheese sticks, I would cut into cubes and stick in the lengthwise slit.
- 1 baguette (12-inch/30cm)
- 2 tablespoons garlic butter (or as much as you like)
- 3 sticks mozzarella string cheese
- Cut 12 slices in the baguette being careful not the cut all the way through and then spread garlic butter on both sides of the cut portions (I got 12 pieces out of my baguette).
- Now slit the baguette lengthwise being careful not to slit it all the way through.
- Place stringy cheese sticks along centre cut, I had to slightly overlap them to fit.
- Wrap tightly in alfoil and place in a preheated 180C oven and bake for 15 minutes, if you wish a slightly crispy top to your bread open up foil slightly for the last 5 minutes.
- Serve when finished baking.
Sheer garlic cheese goodness! We loved this! I made using a garlic sourdough baguette and took you suggestion of using shredded mozzarella. I baked at 350 F for 20 minutes. Thanks for the yummy post.
Delicious! I used a mix of provolone and mozzarella, and it was divine. Roasted some garlic and mixed in with the butter to make the garlic butter. Quick and easy! Thanks for sharing!
I scaled this down and used on a ciabatta roll. Yum! Thanks for the cheesy recipe :)