Recipe by I'mPat
Our local pizza shop recently closed but they made the best cheesy garlic bread so I have tried to duplicate here, as a matter fact I have only finished making for our dinner tonight. I used Garlic Butter for the garlic butter. You could sub mozzarella cheese for the stringy cheese sticks, I would cut into cubes and stick in the lengthwise slit.
Top Review by Debbwl
Sheer garlic cheese goodness! We loved this! I made using a garlic sourdough baguette and took you suggestion of using shredded mozzarella. I baked at 350 F for 20 minutes. Thanks for the yummy post.
- 1 baguette (12-inch/30cm)
- 2 tablespoons garlic butter (or as much as you like)
- 3 sticks mozzarella string cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut 12 slices in the baguette being careful not the cut all the way through and then spread garlic butter on both sides of the cut portions (I got 12 pieces out of my baguette).
- Now slit the baguette lengthwise being careful not to slit it all the way through.
- Place stringy cheese sticks along centre cut, I had to slightly overlap them to fit.
- Wrap tightly in alfoil and place in a preheated 180C oven and bake for 15 minutes, if you wish a slightly crispy top to your bread open up foil slightly for the last 5 minutes.
- Serve when finished baking.