Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Got this recipe from my girlfriend's parents.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium green pepper
- 1 medium onion
- 1 clove garlic (or equivalent)
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans with jalapeno peppers
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup Pace Picante Sauce
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 12 flour tortillas
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese (shredded)
- Brown meat with pepper, onion, and garlic in a skillet.
- Add beans, tomato sauce, picante sauce, cumin, and salt.
- Simmer 15 minutes.
- In a 13x9x2 baking dish, layer meat mixture, tortillas, meat mixture, half of cheese, tortillas, meat mixture.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Remove foil and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 5 minutes.