Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
I found this recipe from "The Biggest Loser" on a package of ground turkey-sounds yummy! And a great low-carb alternative to the real thing!
- 2 medium eggplants, peeld & cut into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 2 pinches garlic salt
- 1 1⁄4 lbs lean ground turkey
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups low-fat marinara sauce
- 1 3⁄4 cups lowfat mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat the broiler. Lightly mist a 13x9" baking dish with olive oil spray & set aside.
- Lightly mist the eggplant with olive oil spray. Place on a nonstick baking sheet. Sprinkle both sides with garlic salt. Broil 6" from the heat source for 3-5 minutes per side, or until tender & browned in spots.
- Meanwhile, lightly mist a nonstick skillet with olive oil spray. Set over med. heat and cook ground turkey until no longer pink.
- Remove turkey & re-spray the pan with olive oil spray. Add mushrooms and garlic. Stir occasionally for approx 8-10 minutes or until mushrooms are turning brown.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place 1/2 of the eggplant in the bottom of baking pan, then 1/2 of the mushroom mixture, the 1/2 of the turkey, 1 tsp italian seasoning, 1/2 the marinara & 1/2 the cheese. Repeat layers, then cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove fol & bake for 10- 15 more minutes or until cheese is bubbly. Remove & let stand for 10 minutes before cutting into 6 squares.
Excellent lasagna. Prepared Sicilian Pasta Sauce from this site for the sauce. The two recipes blended perfectly together; the flavors were amazing. Using a Mandolin to cut the Eggplant helped a lot in uniformity. Will definately make this again and again. Nice to have wonderful low-carb recipes to choose from.