Recipe by BJoshua
One of my favorite side dish at a local BBQ joint. Goes great with everything and is simple to make. Enjoy
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 6 ounces swiss cheese, shredded
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 6 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 30 ounces frozen corn (30 oz. total)
- 2 cups ham, diced
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large Dutch oven over medium heat, add butter. After butter has melted, add onions and garlic. Cook until onions have no color and are soft.
- Sprinkle flour over cooked onions and cook for one minute more. Add milk all at once and add lemon juice, stirring constantly till slightly thickened.
- Add cheese a little bit at a time stirring constantly until melted.
- Remove from heat and add ham and corn. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to a casserole dish and bake for 45 minutes. Let cool five minutes before serving.