Another of my "dig around in the cabinets and make dinner from what I have on hand because I am too lazy to go to the grocery store" meals. Dan liked it so I am posting it here in case I ever want to make it again!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 lb pork chop
- 1 -3 canned chipotle chile, chopped
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce (from chipotles)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 8 ounces shredded cheese (I used velveeta but cheddar would be great too)
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons oil (to brown chops)
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1Cook macaroni according to directions on the box, set aside, keeping warm.
- 2Brown chops in oil over medium/high heat for 10 minutes, or until almost cooked; time depends on the thickness of the chops.
- 3Lower heat to medium/medium-low and remove chops, set aside keeping warm.
- 4Sprinkle flour into pan, just like you are going to make a roux.
- 5Allow to cook for two or three minutes so that you don't get a floury taste in your sauce.
- 6Slowly add milk, go slowly,you might want to use a whisk.
- 7Bring sauce just to a boil and add chipotles.
- 8Start adding cheese a little at a time and stir well until melted.
- 9Put chops back in pan and cook over low heat until chops are done about 5-10 minutes.
- 10Right before serving, stir in cilantro.
- 11Serve over elbow macaroni and top with chopped tomatoes.
- 12I actually never removed the chops, sprinkled the flour directly over them and made my sauce around the them; I also threw the macaroni into the pan for the last few minutes and stirred it in so that each noodle would be totally coated with cheesey sauce.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Chipotle Chops
Serving Size: 1 (397 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1567.4
- Calories from Fat 710
- Total Fat 78.9 g
- Saturated Fat 33.7 g
- Cholesterol 250.1 mg
- Sodium 1760.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 119.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 91.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: