Cheesy Chops and Potatoes (Crock Pot)
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 10mins
- 4 pork tenderloin steaks
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried Italian herb seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cheddar cheese soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 4 medium potatoes
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- Trim excess fat from chops.
- In a small bowl, mix Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle half of the herb mixture onto chops and rub inches
- In a large skillet over med-high heat, brown both sides of the chops in hot oil; set aside.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Pour off excess drippings from skillet.
- Add soups and water, stirring to loosen browned bits on bottom of skillet; set aside.
- Meanwhile peel potatoes.
- Slice into a large bowl.
- Add onion and remaining herb mixture, tossing to coat well.
- Spread on bottom of crock pot.
- Cover with pork chops.
- Evenly pour soup mixture over potatoes.
- Cook on low 8 - 9 hours.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was a simple recipe to make and the ingredients can be found in most homes. I put it together within 20 minutes. Came back about 6 hours later and the smell was amazing. I almost couldn't wait to try some, but I stayed patient. At 8 hours the potatoes were perfectly cooked and the pork was tender. Both my Husband and I felt there was something missing. A little seasoned salt and a splash a pepper did the trick. Of course my family loves cheese, so next time I will add some shredded cheese at the end. Otherwise, this was a great meal. Made for Bargain Basement Tag Game 2010.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am a mom to 4 wonderful kiddos and wife to a dedicated Airforce service member. I am a nurse in addition to playing mom and wife. We live in this beautiful state of Alaska and love to fill our home with new and tasty dishes! I also am a collector of cookbooks and cooking magazines. One of my fave magazines is Simple and Delicious from Taste of Home.</p>