Recipe by AcadiaTwo
Perfect little packages of goodness that you can’t eat just one of. Each little puff consists of 5-ingredients from the RSC list including chicken, spinach, artichoke, Laughing Cow cheese and crescent dough which makes a creamy and delicious mini-stuffed muffin like treat. Created for the RSC - Lucky #13 Cooking Contest.
Top Review by Chef Shadows
4 star. Nice use of contest ingreidients. We enjoyed these, would have given it 5 star if the garlic flavor was stronger, next time I will use an additional clove of garlic and maybe some red pepper flakes. Thanks for a good recipe!
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium vidalia onion, medium dice (or sweet onion)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 lb chicken breast (boneless, skinless)
- 10 ounces frozen spinach (defrosted, drained or dried, chopped)
- 8 1⁄2 ounces artichoke hearts, roughly chopped
- 8 ounces Laughing Cow cheese (Original)
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- 2 (8 ounce) packages crescent roll dough
Directions See How It's Made
- Need Mini Cup Cake Pans).
- Grind chicken breast in food processor until consistency of ground meat.
- Defrost spinach according to directions of package and drain. Dry the spinach as much as possible with paper towels and set aside.
- Rough chop artichoke hearts until they are 1/8” pieces and set aside.
- Chop onion to a 1/4” dice and mince garlic cloves.
- Add 2 tablespoons oil to a sauté pan and heat over medium heat, once warm add onions and sweat onions about 5 minutes than add minced garlic. Cook until tender and the onion starts to show color.
- Add ground chicken breasts to pan with onions and garlic and cook thoroughly.
- Once chicken is cooked, add artichoke hearts and chopped spinach. Mix and heat through.
- Turn the heat down to low, add the whole package of laughing cow cheese and mix everything together. Heat until the cheese is just melted.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Once room temperature is achieved, stir in the sour cream.
- Place in refrigerator and allow to cool completely about 15 minutes.
- Once chicken mixture is completely cool heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Unroll crescent dough and for each serving you will need a half of a crescent triangle piece. Roll the dough with rolling pin to stretch it and than poke all over with fork to help prevent the dough from rising, do the same to each half piece.
- Take the rolled out piece and place in cupcake pan so that the sides and bottom are covered and there is dough to fold over top to patch the pieces together.
- Once the whole pan is filled with the dough place about 1-2 teaspoon of the chicken mixture in each and fold over the tops making sure there are no openings.
- Bake in the 375 degree F oven for 14-16 minutes (depending on your oven.).
- They are done once golden brown on top and will just pop right out of the pan.