Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
From the Women's Institute Book of Soup that I borrowed from our local library.
- 25 g butter
- 80 g cashew nuts, roughtly chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 medium potato, diced
- 1 medium cauliflower, divided into florets
- 850 ml vegetable stock
- 115 g cheddar cheese, grated
- Melt the butter in a large lidded saucepan and brown the chopped cashew nuts for about 1 minute.
- Stir in the onion, garlic and potato, cover and sweat for 10 mins, shaking the pan occasionally.
- Add the cauliflower and stock, bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 20 mins or until the cauliflower is tender.
- remove from heat and blend in the cheese, allow to cool slightly.
- Blend half of the mixture and then stir this through the rest of the soup so that you can actually see pieces of cauliflower and nut.
- reheat very gently without boiling so as not to toughen the cheese.
- check seasoning.
What a nice soup. Easy to make and very tasty. The only thing I added was 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled in my palm, at the end of cooking, and I sprinkled each serving with a light dusting of cayenne pepper. Thank you for the recipe!
Mmmm! A well balanced soup for any one who loves cashews and cauliflower, that could not be taster or easier.
Really enjoyed making this soup, & we are both big fans of cauliflower & cashews! Also appreciated that it wasn't a totally creamy soup! This is definitely a keeper of a recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Newest Zaar Tag]