1/1 Photo of Cheesy Cauliflower Soup With Roasted Cashew Nuts
From the Women's Institute Book of Soup that I borrowed from our local library.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt the butter in a large lidded saucepan and brown the chopped cashew nuts for about 1 minute.
- 2Stir in the onion, garlic and potato, cover and sweat for 10 mins, shaking the pan occasionally.
- 3Add the cauliflower and stock, bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 20 mins or until the cauliflower is tender.
- 4remove from heat and blend in the cheese, allow to cool slightly.
- 5Blend half of the mixture and then stir this through the rest of the soup so that you can actually see pieces of cauliflower and nut.
- 6reheat very gently without boiling so as not to toughen the cheese.
- 7check seasoning.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Cauliflower Soup With Roasted Cashew Nuts
Serving Size: 1 (283 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 380.3
- Calories from Fat 227
- Total Fat 25.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.9 g
- Cholesterol 47.5 mg
- Sodium 413.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 15.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: