Recipe by jpotts1
This recipe I received from an elderly lady who, with her daughters, catered homecooked food for large parties. My 11yr old daughter fell in love with these and I was able to get the recipe because of this.
- 3 (8 ounce) bags frozen Brussels sprouts
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 medium onion
- 1 (4 ounce) jar diced pimentos
- 1 (8 ounce) package mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese (this is more cheese than the original recipe, but my family LOVES cheese!)
Directions See How It's Made
- Fill large pan with water and stir in sugar. Bring to boil. Add brussel sprouts. (the sugar takes the bitterness out of the brussel sprouts.) Cook until brussel sprouts are tender when stuck with fork. Drain and put into large casserole dish. (I use one that measures 9 x 13).
- Dice onion and slice mushrooms. Place in large skillet with butter. Saute until onion and mushrooms are both tender. Dump (with the butter) onto the brussel sprouts.
- Add pimentos to brussel sprouts. Then add about half of both cheeses. Toss to evenly mix ingredients. Spread evenly through dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes or until cheese is throughly melted.