1/4 Photos of Cheesy Breadsticks
2 hrs 40 mins
2 hrs 20 mins
These are baked bread sticks laced with cheese and just a hint of cayenne. I got this recipe from a newspaper, which stated the recipe is from 5 Spoke Creamery. Plan ahead, the dough has to refrigerate for at least 2 hours, which is included in the preparation time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In food processor, combine the flour, salt, cayenne and baking powder.
- 2Pulse several times to mix.
- 3Add the butter and cheese, then pulse for about 30 seconds, or until the ingredients are well mixed (it should resemble slightly moist flour).
- 4Add the sour cream and pulse on and off for about 1 minute, or until the ingredients come together as a moist, doughy clump.
- 5Remove the dough from the food processor, form into a ball, then cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- 6Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 7Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, or coat it with cooking spray.
- 8On a lightly floured counter, roll out the dough into a large rectangle about 1/8-inch thick.
- 9Trim the edges to create a neat rectangle.
- 10Using a knife or a pizza cutter, cut the dough into strips 6 inches long and about 1/2 inch wide.
- 11Combine the scraps and repeat with remaining dough to make about 18-24 sticks.
- 12Gently twist each strip to create a spiral, then arrange them on the prepared baking sheet.
- 13Bake for 8 minutes, or until lightly browned.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Breadsticks
Serving Size: 1 (71 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 290.9
- Calories from Fat 164
- Total Fat 18.2 g
- Saturated Fat 11.3 g
- Cholesterol 50.0 mg
- Sodium 623.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 7.0 g