Prep 1 hr
Cook 20 mins
- 18 jumbo pasta shells
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1⁄4 cup Burgundy wine or 1⁄4 cup dry red wine
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Prepare macaroni shells according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Cook ground beef, onion, and garlic in a large skillet until beef is browned.
- Drain excess fat.
- Stir in next 6 ingredients.
- Set aside.
- Combine spaghetti sauce and wine.
- Spoon one-fourth of sauce into a lightly greased oblong baking pan; set aside remaining sauce.
- Stuff macaroni shells with beef mixture, and place in baking dish.
- Spoon remaining sauce over shells.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over shells.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
Delicous meal!!I did everything as written and used dry red wine!!Thanks for sharing this recipe!!
Delicious! My family could not get over how good these stuffed shell turned out.. A nice thing about this recipe is you can prep them way ahead of time before you need to put them together. Looking forward to making this recipe again . 10 Stars!
This was a delicious and easy weeknight meal... the whole family loved it. Thanks for sharing this recipe!