Recipe by pines506
This is like a stuffed meatloaf. With the ricotta filling is almost like a lasagna minus the noodles. Very good and filling. Freezes well too.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef (I use ground round)
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup snipped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed basil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, crumble the ground beef. Add onion, green pepper and bread crumbs.
- In a small bowl, combine eggs, seasonings and milk. Add to meat mixture. Mix well.
- Pat 1/2 meat mixture into 12-cup fluted Bundt pan. (I lightly grease mine).
- Combine cheese filling ingredients. Spread over the meat mixture, making sure that the cheese filling does not touch the edges of the pan.
- Top with remaining meat mixture, making sure to cover cheese filling.
- Bake at 350F for 1 hour.
- Combine sauce ingredients. Carefully invert beef ring onto ovenproof serving platter. Spoon sauce over top.
- Return to oven. Bake an additional 15 to 20 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.