1/1 Photo of Cheesey Potato & Hot Sausage Breakfest #SP5
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. I made this one morning camping, I usually make fried potatoes & eggs for everyone, but now I use Simply Potatoes, So much easier Plus you can use the different brands they sell. my favorite is southwest style. no chopping Onions, red, & green bell peppers up :-) I use hot sausage links cooked and browned ahead of time. usually the day before, I slice them like a 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick and save in fridge for the morning.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a 12" skillet add sausage links, poke holes in the links with a fork or toothpick to release some grease, add 2 cups of water and cook on medium heat turning often until water is gone, about 20 minutes. continue cooking & turning until the links are browned on all sides, remove from pan & slice the links 3/4" inch and save for next step.
- 2In a 12" Skillet or dutch oven, heat 2 Tbls of oil on Medium heat.
- 3Add Potatoes and the Pre-cooked, & browned, Hot sausage slices.
- 4Mix well, flatten,add salt &pepper and cook on medium heat for about 8 minutes.
- 5add 1 tbls of oil drizzled around on top of potatoes and turn with spatula.
- 6cook for another 8 minutes or until potatoes are soft and browning.
- 7turn them again if you want to brown them more. for a few minutes.
- 8Reduce heat to medium-low. Add eggs. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until eggs are set.
- 9Top with Cheese, turn off heat and cover with a lid or foil for a minute or 2.
- 10so the cheese melts some.
- 11serve with a cup of OJ and Toast.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesey Potato & Hot Sausage Breakfest #SP5
Serving Size: 1 (117 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 344.1
- Calories from Fat 256
- Total Fat 28.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 226.4 mg
- Sodium 672.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 18.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Simply Potatoes Southwest Style Hash Browns