Recipe by Chalko
This is a light and fluffy version of cheesecake. The recipe came from my grandmother, and until I was about 15 I thought that this is what cheesecake was! I still much prefer it to its heavier counterpart, and everyone I have ever shared it with loves it. I included the time it takes to set in the "cooking" time.
- 2 cups crushed graham crackers
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 (3 ounce) package lemon Jell-O gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
Directions See How It's Made
- To make crust, mix butter and graham crackers together and press into 9 x 13 pan. Place in fridge to set.
- In large bowl, pour evaporated milk, set in freezer to chill. It will be ready to whip when a line of ice surrounds the edge.
- Soften cream cheese and cream together with sugar and vanilla.
- Dissolve Jello with water; cool.
- Add to the cream cheese mixture and mix well.
- Beat the chilled evaporated milk until it is fluffy.
- Fold in cream cheese mixture.
- Pour over graham cracker crust.
- Refrigerate until set. I usually make the night before and refrigerate overnight.