Prep 30 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This is a light and fluffy version of cheesecake. The recipe came from my grandmother, and until I was about 15 I thought that this is what cheesecake was! I still much prefer it to its heavier counterpart, and everyone I have ever shared it with loves it. I included the time it takes to set in the "cooking" time.
- 2 cups crushed graham crackers
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 (3 ounce) package lemon Jell-O gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- To make crust, mix butter and graham crackers together and press into 9 x 13 pan. Place in fridge to set.
- In large bowl, pour evaporated milk, set in freezer to chill. It will be ready to whip when a line of ice surrounds the edge.
- Soften cream cheese and cream together with sugar and vanilla.
- Dissolve Jello with water; cool.
- Add to the cream cheese mixture and mix well.
- Beat the chilled evaporated milk until it is fluffy.
- Fold in cream cheese mixture.
- Pour over graham cracker crust.
- Refrigerate until set. I usually make the night before and refrigerate overnight.
This was good and easy to make. I made this exactly as written. Made for Spring PAC 2010.
oh, yum! I grew up on this. I never knew what 'real' cheesecake was. My mom had lost the recipe, and HERE IT IS. Thanks so much.....
My aunt made this for Easter and during the summer for us when we were growing up. Nice creamy texture, mild lemon flavor, and love the graham cracker crust. Next time I would add a bit of lemon juice for a little more zing.