Recipe by Mirj
This makes a huge kugel, but it's so delicious it goes really quickly!
Top Review by Richard-NYC
This is indeed a keeper! I made it for a church cake sale. I cut into little squares and put each in a cupcake liner. I made two 13" x 9" pans of kugle half with raisins half without. Here's to you Mrs. Dorn---KUGLES ROCK!
- 2 (1/4 kg) containers cottage cheese (can be low-fat)
- 3 cups sour cream (3 containers)
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup melted unsalted butter
- 4 -6 eggs, depending on how rich you like your kugel
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (500 g) package broad egg noodles or 1 (500 g) package thin egg noodles, cooked
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (we leave them out)
- cinnamon (for topping)
- sugar (for topping)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cheese, sour cream, milk and half of the melted butter.
- Beat the eggs together with the sugar and vanilla and add to the cheese mixture.
- Add the cooked noodles and the raisins (if using).
- Turn into a large buttered pan or into two smaller ones (this makes a lot of kugel!).
- Top with the remaining melted butter.
- Mix the cinnamon and sugar together and sprinkle on top.
- Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for approximately one hour or until lightly browned.
- May be frozen and reheated.