Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Yet another way to make fabulous mashed potatoes!
- 4 cups red potatoes
- 2 tablespoons horseradish (heaping)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon salt, and to taste
- 1 cup gouda cheese, shredded
- Cut away blemishes in potato skins, and cube.
- Boil potatoes until very soft and drain off water.
- Add butter and salt, and whip with a rotary beater until butter melts.
- Whip in remaining ingredients.
- Adjust seasoning.
This was very good! I love horseradish so I added some extra. I also used about a cup of milk in place of Gouda cheese because I didn't have any. Thanks for posting!
I love Cheesecake Factory mashed potatoes, but these were missing the roasted garlic which I added and I don't recall their potatoes being the least bit hot with horseradish. I used a little less than a tablespoon. Overall good, but definitely not Cheesecake Factory. I will definitely make them again though.
Deliciously creamy and flavoursome! Guided by earlier reviewers' comments and to meet our taste preferences, I halved the horseradish and added a tablespoon of sour cream. The gouda was a delicious addition to the mashed potatoes. We greatly enjoyed these with Sara 76's Parmesan Crusted Lamb Cutlets. Thanks for sharing this recipe, Cooks4_6. Made for Zaar Stars Tag.