Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
A nice bar cookie for special occasions.
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350º. Grease 8x8 baking pan.
- In a smal bowl, mix first 3 ingredients. Stir in melted butter until well combined. Reserve 1/3 cup mixture. Pat the remaining mixture into pan. Bake 12 to 15 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar in mixer bowl at medium speed until smooth. Beat in remaining ingredients. Pour over baked crust, sprinkle on remaining crumbs. Bake 25 minutes until set. Cool on wire rack.
- When cool, cut into 2 inch squares. Cut each square in half diagonally. Store in refrigerator.