Recipe by grandma2969
have not had the pleasure of baking or eating these yet..but would like to...
Top Review by floyd.rachel
My mother (and me too)have made these for years. Everytime the entire pan is gone in a matter of minutes. Her recipe was doubled for a 9x13 and since we are big nut eaters, those are omitted. So, so Yummy!!!!
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, finely chopped
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- cream butter and brown sugar till light and fluffy --
- add flour and nuts, blend till mixture resembles crumbs -- set aside 1 cup.
- press remaining mixture into 8" square pan -- and bake at 350* for 12 minutes.
- combine cream cheese and granulated sugar till smooth -- add egg, milk, lemon juice and vanilla --
- spread over baked crust -- sprinkle reserved crumbs over top --
- bake in 350* for 25 minutes.
- cool on rack and cut into bars -- .