Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
have not had the pleasure of baking or eating these yet..but would like to...
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, finely chopped
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- cream butter and brown sugar till light and fluffy --
- add flour and nuts, blend till mixture resembles crumbs -- set aside 1 cup.
- press remaining mixture into 8" square pan -- and bake at 350* for 12 minutes.
- combine cream cheese and granulated sugar till smooth -- add egg, milk, lemon juice and vanilla --
- spread over baked crust -- sprinkle reserved crumbs over top --
- bake in 350* for 25 minutes.
- cool on rack and cut into bars -- .
My mother (and me too)have made these for years. Everytime the entire pan is gone in a matter of minutes. Her recipe was doubled for a 9x13 and since we are big nut eaters, those are omitted. So, so Yummy!!!!