Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
Brownies made using a cake mix and topped with a cream cheese layer.
Top Review by Gingerbear
These brownies are wonderful. The only thing is that the cheesecake layer did not taste like cheesecake. It wasn't as dense as I thought that it would be either. It was also very good too though. I used pecans and everyone loved them. I think that the next time I will use a little bit more cream cheese. Thank you, R.F.
- 1 (18 ounce) box German chocolate cake mix
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 cup chopped nuts (any kind)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, soften
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs, butter, and nuts; mix well.
- Press into a greased 13 x 9-inch baking pan; set aside.
- Combine topping ingredients in a bowl and beat until smooth.
- Carefully spread over batter.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on wire rack and store in the refrigerator.