Philly Cheesecake Brownies
photo by anniek36
- Ready In:
- I would use my own brownie recipe but you can use a box mix.
- Prepare the brownie mix as directed on package.
- Pour into greased 13x9 baking pan.
- Beat cream cheese with electric mixer on med.
- speed until smooth.
- Add sugar, mixing until blended.
- Add egg and vanilla; mix just until blended.
- Pour cream cheese mixture over brownie mixture; cut through batter with knife several times for marble effect.
- Bake at 350°F for 35 to 40 minutes or until cream cheese mixture is lightly browned.
- Cool; cut into squares.
- Note: Do not use brownie mixes that include syrup pouch.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made these brownies years ago, but then managed to lose the recipe! I am thrilled to find it again! This is an awesome way to dress up a boxed mix if you are short on time, or make your already fabulous homemade brownie recipe even better! Only problem i found was that you have to be very careful of how long you bake them, once the cheesecake layer starts to brown it darkens very quickly! The first time i made them my DH swore they were not burnt, they just had a nice "carribean tan." Thanks for posting!