Recipe by SusieQusie
Quick as a wink to make. You can vary the cheese to suit your taste and use fresh potatoes instead of hashbrowns if you prefer.
Top Review by Sarinaw
This was a really good soup! I love how fast it cooked up. I didn't have the Cubed potatoes so I did use the shredded ones, and really liked it. I am thinking about next time adding some corn and tomatoes. :) Thank you so much for sharing!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 4 cups milk
- 2 cups grated American cheese (or cheddar if you prefer)
- 1 cup O'Brien potatoes (the cubed kind, not shredded)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, brown beef until almost done.
- Stir in the onions and cook till onions are soft and meat is no longer pink. Drain off any remaining fat.
- In a soup pan over medium heat, combine milk & cheese, cooking until just beginning to boil, stirring often.
- Add beef, onion and potatoes to cheese sauce.
- Lower heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Season with pepper.