Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is popular with the kids especially. My hubby and I find it a bit 'boring' but think adding mustard to it at the table helps give it a little zip.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 1 -2 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) can refrigerated biscuits
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Combine ground beef and flour in skillet. Add onion and brown.
- Pour off drippings.
- Add tomato sauce, ketchup, salt and pepper.
- Pour into 1 1/2-quart casserole dish.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 425°F.
- Top with cheese and biscuits.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes longer.
This is a really cool variation, reminding you of a cheeseburger. Everybody enjoyed it. This is a keeper. It's easy and didn't take much time either.
I personally loved this recipe. I put A1 sauce instead of ketchup (I'm not a huge ketchup fan) and it was yummy. And I made homemade biscuits as I didn't have any packaged kind on hand. It worked out fantastic. Thank you.
Nice Dish. Since I wasn't tageting children, I used 1# of ground beef and 1/2# of sweet sausage, browned in bacon fat. Instead of ketchup, I used A-1 sauce, instead of tomato sauce, sausage & pepper pasta sauce; and instead of salt, crumbled bacon. lots of Italian 4 cheese with the biscuits. Killer.