Prep 24 mins
Cook 20 mins
A unique Italian sandwich. Ground beef, your choice of cheese & sautéed onions baked in a pastry pocket with barbecue sauce. Just add bacon bits for a Bacon Cheeseburger Calzone.
- In a skillet, brown meat and onions over medium heat; drain.
- Stir in sauce, then set aside.
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F.
- On an ungreased cookie sheet, unroll crescent rolls into 4 triangles, overlapping on the long sides.
- Firmly press perforations and edges to seal, and pat to form 15x13" rectangle.
- Spread meat mixture lengthwise in a 4" wide strip down the center of dough to within 1" of ends.
- Top meat with cheese.
- Fold sides and ends of dough 1" over filling.
- Bring long ends over, crimping the edges.
- Pinch edges to seal.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds if desired.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
I made this recipe but I did it using Pillsbury premade pizza dough (soo good by the way), without the bbq sauce and added mushrooms...thanks for an awesome idea!!! P.S. I LOVE recipes that are amazing as they are or that can be changed and varied by taste so definitely kudos to you.
I've been making this since my daughter was first born. Simple, yet tasty!
This was a fun way to eat cheeseburgers! I slipped some pickles and chopped tomatoes in as well. I made my own crescent roll dough and rolled it out for individual calzones. Thanks for sharing!