Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
My family LOVES these! I have also sprinkled cooked, crumbled bacon atop of these.
Make and share this Cheeseburger Baked Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- Heat garlic and olive oil in skillet, add ground beef. Cook over medium heat until browned. Drain fat, add salt and pepper to taste. Scrub and prick potatoes. Bake at 400' for 1 hour or until done.
- When cool enough to handle, cut a thin slice from the top of each potato, scoop out the pulp, leaving a 1/4" shell. Place the pulp in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Place the potato shells on a baking pan.
- Add milk and butter to pulp and beat until smooth. Add 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese. Place into a storage bag, express air form bag and zip close. Cut a tip from the corner of the storage bag. Fill potatoes with cooked ground beef. Pipe potato mixture atop hamburger. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheddar cheese.
- Return to oven and bake at 400' for 10 minutes, or until heated through and cheese is melted.
This was good; easy to make and very filling! Can't get much better than that! :) We served with a salad and did what another reviewer suggester...just mixed the hambuger and potato mixture and put it all back in the potato shell. Thanks for sharing a great recipe!!
As soon as I saw Marsha D.'s photos of this recipe I knew I had to try it.:)Since there were only two of us,I cut the recipe in half. As the potatoes were cooling, I browned the hamburger meat and used about 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder,some seasoned salt,pepper,and about 1 teaspoon of instant chopped onion.After removing the potato pulp,I mixed it with 1/2 cup of sharp chedder cheese,salt and pepper to taste,and the milk.Then put the pulp back into the shell,making sort of "nest"to hold the ground beef mixture.Topped the beef with the remaining cheese,baked for about 25 to 30 minutes.The taste was pretty good,but I think that if this is made again,I'm going to add some crushed red pepper flakes to "perk it up a bit" and add a little bit more salt,pepper,and cheese to the potato pulp.Thank you for posting."Keep Smiling:)"
WoW!! We love stuffed baked potatoes and when I seen this recipe I knew I had to give it a try. I did add a few more ingredients to give it more of a cheeseburger taste. I fried hamburger meat in alittle bacon grease with some chopped up onion and added 1Tbs of A-1 steak sauce. After mixing potatoes and meat mixture together I added 1tsp of catsup, mustard and dillweed and than the cheese. After adding to potato shells I topped with Monterey Jack Cheese. We both loved these potatoes!! :) Thanks for sharing your recipe!