Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
Had a craving for a tuna rice casserole - that my family would eat too, of course - and found this on the USA Rice Federation site. The original made only 2-3 servings, so I stuck it on here so I could increase it. This makes more like 4-6 I think.. (prep time includes cooking the rice) Sure satisfied that craving of mine...
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 cups cooked rice
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 -2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook onion in butter in a small skillet till tender.
- Stir in rice, tuna, soup, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Turn into a greased baking dish. Bake at 350* for 20 minutes or until heated through.
- Top with cheese and bake 5 minutes longer.
This was good and filling. I used 4 1/2 cups of rice but the full amounts of everything else. You could customize this however you wanted to.
I am an avid fish lover, however this recipe was overy "fishy". I also found it to be dry. My kids wouldn't eat it, so I probably won't make this one again.