Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Garlic and cheese filled
- 24 mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped green onion
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs (packaged)
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Remove mushroom stems and chop finely.
- In a small pan, cook stems, green onions,garlic and butter over medium heat til tender, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add all remaining Ingredients except caps.
- Fill caps with mixture, place in baking dish.
- Bake 350°F for 15 minutes.
I am a new bride and I trying to find new recipes to experiment with. My new husband loved these along with myself. THEY ARE WONDERFUL!! I changed only one thing: they are called cheese stuffed but there is hardly any cheese. When I put the mushrooms in the pan to bake I topped them with a lot of mozzerella cheese. My husband loved the cheese on top!! A definite keeper!! Also very easy to make!!
I loved this recipe! I made a few modifications. I added 1/4 lb bulk sausage to this and decreased the bread crumbs to 1/4 cup. I also added mozzerella cheese. There were no leftovers, I caught my son picking the crumbs out of the pan. I will make this again SOON!
My boyfriend really liked these mushrooms. But for me there was something missing. Probably some mozzarella cheese on top or mix in the stuffing. Thanks Tammy :) Made for Alphabet tag game