Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Just right for cool weather. This has a wonderful cheesy flavor.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped celery
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 5 cups water
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 1⁄4 cups instant potato flakes
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- On med heat cook and stir butter, celery, carrot and onion for 10 minutes (do not brown).
- Add water and boullion, stir until boullion is dissolved.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in mashed potatoes; slowly add milk and cheese, stiring constantly, heat through, (do not boil).
This was delicious!! Very rich and tasty. I made it exactly as the recipe specified, except I cut the quantities in half since there are only two of us. We polished it off and enjoyed every mouthfull. I will definitely be making this again. Thanks for the great recipe!!
This was great and super easy to make. My daughter and her best friend loved it. I added garlic and topped it with cooked crispy bacon and extra cheese. Thanks so much for posting.
We loved this soup. I served it to company last night, and it is now one of my guests new favorite soup! I warmed up a bowl of it for lunch today & it is just as good the 2nd day as the first. I made a couple of minor changes to it, subbed sweet bell pepper for the onion as I don't like onion, and used slightly less of the veggies. I used half & half instead of milk & chicken broth for the water & bouillon cubes. I did zap it in the blender to puree the veggies so it was nice and smooth. I garnished it with some nice crispy turkey bacon bits & a sprinkle of smoked paprika. Thanks so much for posting this MizzNezz, I will be making it again very soon.