Recipe by ~Nimz~
The Blueberry Sauce makes this recipe. This is served at the Pleasant View Bed & Breakfast. Hope you enjoy. Cooking and Prep time are estimates.
Top Review by Elmotoo
This was delicious; mom wants the recipes for future guests. ;) It didn't puff up as I thought it would so it was a bit dense but still delicious. A wonderful way to use those wild Maine blueberries while they're in season! Thanks, Nimz!!
- 1 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 4 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup softened butter
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh blueberries or 1 1⁄2 cups frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly spray a 8" x 8" x 2" baking dish with Pam and set aside.
- FILLING: In a small bowl, beat cottage cheese, cream cheese, egg yolk, sugar and vanilla with electric mixer till nearly smooth (about 2 minutes). Set aside.
- BATTER: In a medium bowl, beat sour cream, butter, orange juice, and eggs with electric mixer on low speed until smooth.
- Add flour, 3 tablespoons of sugar and baking powder.
- Beat for 2 more minutes until smooth.
- TO ASSEMBLE: Spread 1/2 the batter in the greased baking dish.
- Spoon cheese filling in small spoonfuls on top.
- Carefully spread remaining batter on top.
- Place in the oven for approximately 40-45 minutes until puffy and golden. (Watch closely for the last 5 minutes so not to overcook).
- Serve immediately with Blueberry sauce or syrup.
- BLUEBERRY SAUCE:.
- In a sauce pan over medium heat, stir together the sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Slowly stir in water.
- Cook and stir frenquently until thickened, then cook 2 more minutes.
- Carefully stir in blueberries and lemon juice.