Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Make and share this Cheese Ravioli With Shrimp and Tomato-Cream Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 (14 ounce) can plum tomatoes, with juices
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces medium shrimp, shelled, deveined, and coarsely chopped
- 6 large basil leaves, torn into pieces
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 lb cheese ravioli (fresh or frozen)
- Heat butter in a medium skillet; add in garlic; saute 1 minute.
- Add in tomatoes; cook, stirring to break them up with the side of a spoon, until mixture is slightly reduced and thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil the cream in a medium saucepan, stirring and adjusting heat to prevent boiling over, until reduced by half.
- Add to the reduced tomato sauce; stir in the shrimp; simmer over low heat 5 minutes.
- Stir in the basil; season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the ravioli in plenty of boiling salted water until tender; drain.
- Place on a platter or divide between 4 individual dishes and spoon sauce over pasta.