Prep 40 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is yummy, but also rich. A little goes a long way!
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1 quart milk
- 1 dash salt and pepper
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 pinch marjoram
- 1 lb extra-sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 slices bacon, crispy and chopped
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350^F.
- Add the bread crumbs, salt, pepper, nutmeg and marjoram to the milk.
- Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Add the cheese, bacon, and eggs.
- Pour into a greased and floured 2 quart casserole.
- Bake for 1 hour.