Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Cooking Light September 2006
- cooking spray
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 2 cups oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 tablespoons chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- 1⁄2 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 eggs or 1⁄4 cup egg substitute
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Heat a small skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray.
- Add onion; sauté 8 minutes or until tender.
- Remove from heat; cool.
- Place flour, oats, baking powder, salt, and pepper in a food processor; process until oats are coarsely ground.
- Add butter; pulse 3 times or until combined.
- Add onion and cheese; pulse 3 times or until blended.
- Place mixture in a medium bowl.
- Add water and egg, stirring until moist.
- Let mixture stand 1 minute.
- Place mixture onto a lightly floured surface; knead lightly 3 times (dough will be sticky).
- Divide dough in half; press each half into a 5-inch circle.
- Cut each circle into 8 wedges.
- Place wedges on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Serve warm.